I’ve been very inspired by all the fun advent ideas I’ve seen on the blogs lately.
While we have a very special Advent calendar that we will use – one that my mom made and I used growing up – I wanted to add some fun extras.
Each pocket will contain one mini ornament to velcro on the Advent tree. Each pocket will also contain a special note with instructions to do a special something on that day.
I got most of my ideas from these fabulous blogs!
- Living Montessori Now’s December 2011 Family Activities (a MEGA list of family activities! This site led me to most of the others.)
- Activity Mom’s 2011 Activity Advent Countdown (she also has ideas from 2010 and 2009! omg!)
- Teach Mama’s 2011 Advent Activity Calendar
- ListPlanIt’s List of Activities to include in your 2011 Advent Calendar
- Code Name: Mama’s Advent Calendar Activities
- Creek Side Learning’s Secular Advent Calendar Activities
There are literally hundreds – if not thousands – of ideas at the above blogs, with links to more fabulous Christmas and Holiday crafts and projects and downloads. If I didn’t have to work I’d do them ALL lol! Even still, we are going to get some fun projects in this year.
I’ll be back with a photo of my advent cards once they’re all printed!